Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB Boundary

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB Boundary
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:53:23 +0200

Hi Vincent, hi Georg, hi Mailing list,
one little remark. Vincent, you have made your geometry with particles already?
Then it should be possible to just mark all lbnodes "inside" as wall nodes.
There should be command similar to lbnode set boundary…
The lbboundaries do nothing but evaluating for every boundary which node is
inside and which one is not.
One thing however comes to my mind: We collect the forces on every lb boundary
in every step. The forces acting on nodes which are set independently of
lbboundaries probably accidentally are collected in lbboundary 0.
This is of course undesired, but I did not think about that when implementing
it. Not having lbboundary 0 might lead to crashes.
It might make sense to define an "nonexistent" lbboundary (e.g. a sphere at
coordinates much larger than the box_l) as lbboundary 0. This is a workaround,
and I hope I can clean that up soon.
Cheers
Stefan