Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulation of fluid using LB-method

From: Georg Rempfer
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulation of fluid using LB-method
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 19:59:13 +0100

Hello Markus,

for your simulation not containing particles, the skin is irrelevant. Espresso originally being an MD code insists on one. We shifted the LB grid by half an agrid, so that one can use "composite" objects using virtual sites. With an unshifted grid you could have a situation in which the virtual sites of an object are located in an LB cell which is treated by another MPI rank (using the CPU LB with cores), which wouldn't work properly.

Greetings,
Georg

2014-01-30 Stefan Kesselheim <address@hidden>:
Hi,

On Jan 30, 2014 6:20 PM, "Wink, Markus" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am quite sure, that the solution has converged. Attached you will find a figure showing the maximum velocity as a function of the integration steps. For me, it looks at is has converged. What do you say.
>
> Just to be clear: if I want a channel width of 50 with a_grid=1, I put the walls at positions 1 and 51 having a box length of 52?

Absolutely. Whatever is written in Georgs thesis.

Cheers
Stefan