Re: [ESPResSo-users] DPD

From: Dr. Jens Smiatek
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] DPD
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:16:01 +0200

Dear Dusan,

thanks for your interest.
You should use the constraint plane cell for the tunable slip boundaries in microchannels.
Maybe I miss your point, but:
If you want to perform some DPD simulations, there is no way around to use explicit solvent particles for dilute polymer solution simulations. Otherwise the method won't work.
Instead you can think of using the Lattice-Boltzmann method which is significantly faster (if you are purely interested in hydrodynamic interactions and not 'solvation' properties).
The situations changes if dense polymer melts are considered. Here, above a critical concentration, the monomers themselves can be considered as the surrounding environment such that DPD solvent particles can be safely ignored.

Best regards,
Jens