[ESPResSo-users] force acting on particles using Langevin thermostat

From: Xikai Jiang
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] force acting on particles using Langevin thermostat
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:43:38 -0400

Dear all:

I have a rather naive question about the force I printed out during a simulation using Langevin thermostat using the following command:

part ID print force

I'm wondering will the outputed force is the summation of the force due to potential, a friction force and a random force? If yes, is there anyway to print out only the force due to potential?

Or the outputed force is only the force due to potential? I checked the manual but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light.

Best,

Xikai