Re: [ESPResSo-users] Question of NVT ensemble

From: Xikai Jiang
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Question of NVT ensemble
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:11:10 -0400

Hi Joe:

Espresso implements temperature coupling using Langevin or DPD or GHMC methods, not velocity rescaling method. You can refer to Espresso manual for explanations.

For velocity rescaling method, the method rescale the total velocity of each atom in x, y and z directions. So I think the drift velocity is also rescaled.

Best,
Xikai