Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann

From: Dominic Roehm
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 19:00:20 +0100

hi,

you should set the boundaries after you introduced the lb fluid (I not
sure if this is a must but definitely saver)
The viscosity of 33.22 is too high, the frictions is ok.
The problem with LB is that is only reproduces the correct HIs in a certain
parameter range and you have to rescale the necessary parameters to be in
that range. This includes the density of the fluid as well. I would
recommend to use a friction between 1-50, viscosity 0.5-5 and density
0.1-5 (for the density range I'm not 100% sure but 0.042 looks too small
for me). You should check your parameter set by investigating the motion
of a single particle in the fluid. This gives you the best way to check
for suitable parameters.

Dominic

ps: be aware that the timestep tau (which seems rather small) and the
agrid (1 is recommended) also affect the parameters. So if you change tau
you might have to adjust your parameter set.

--
Dominic Röhm (Dipl. Phys)
Institute for Computational Physics