Re: [ESPResSo-users] Configuration file for building Espresso with LB

From: Florian Weik
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Configuration file for building Espresso with LB
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:00:31 +0100

Hi,
all that text is because you have activated all debug options in you myconfig.hpp. This is typically not useful. Neither is activating all those methods that you do not need, this will slow down the code. The error you stated in the body of your email suggests that CUDA libraries were present on the machine you configured and build (otherwise the build would have failed), but you could not run GPU code (which you need if GPU methods are enabled as in your config file, no matter if you actually use them). In principle if you activate a feature it is assumed that you actually use it.

Cheers,
Florian Weik