Re: [ESPResSo-users] Density in lbnodes

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Density in lbnodes
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 21:52:23 +0100

Dear Roya,

please, first don’t  bump developers personally an hour after you posted your question, especially not on christmas.

As to your question: as far as I know, our LB algorithm simply doesn’t propagate boundary nodes, so they stay with the initial condition, which is zero velocity and whatever density you put. In later versions, the fluid in the boundary nodes is also propagated, just doesn’t couple to the actual fluid in the accessible domain. Whatever values you read then in the boundary nodes are irrelevant.

Axel