Re: [ESPResSo-users] pressure boundary condition

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] pressure boundary condition
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:46:01 +0000

Hi Markus,

have a look at the functions lb_outlet_x and lb_inlet_x in my gist code:
https://gist.github.com/uschille/8f65dd40572b2d943409

They implement pressure boundary conditions for in/outlets in the
x-direction. They can be easily modified for the other cartesian
directions. For inclined in/outlets it's a bit more complicated though.
The basic idea is to solve an equation system for the unkown populations
that satisfies the conservation laws plus appropriate conditions for the
non-equilibrium parts. For the latter, I don't think there is a
universal rule so it will depend on the specific application what works
best.

Best wishes,
Ulf

--