[ESPResSo-users] questions about the friction in lattice-Boltzmann fluid

From: Joe Ada
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] questions about the friction in lattice-Boltzmann fluidics
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:52:36 -0400

Hi,

Is the friction gamma in LB fluidics for fluid-other particle interaction, which controls directly the diffusion coefficients of ions in the liquid?

Could I have any reference which mentions the details of this? Does this mention it?

Axel Arnold, Olaf Lenz, Stefan Kesselheim, Rudolf Weeber, Florian Fahrenberger, Dominic Roehm, Peter Kosovan, and Christian Holm. ESPResSo 3.1 – molecu- lar dynamics software for coarse-grained models. In Michael Griebel, Christian Rieger, and Marc Alexander Schweitzer, editors, Proceedings of the Sixth Interna- tional Workshop on Meshfree Methods for Partial Differential Equations, Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering. Springer, Berlin, Germany, sub- mitted

To train it, I guess I can monitor the coefficients of the diffusion or the mobility of ions under electrical field. Any suggestions of the values to start with?

Thanks,
Joe