Re: [ESPResSo-users] Calibration of friction/mass

From: Owen Hickey
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Calibration of friction/mass
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 20:37:03 +0200

Hmmm... While Green-Kubo is elegant in theory, in practice it actually
takes a rather long time (I think it's weeks compared to hours using a
quiescent flow). Joost actually looked into the best way of measuring
mobilities/friction/diffusion in http://arxiv.org/abs/1503.02671. That
may go into more detail than you'd like though, but I think he also
noticed a difference between the friction in a thermalized LB and a
quiescent LB (I am not 100% sure though). I actually though of a
simpler way of getting a half-decent solution on the way home. If one
simply shifts the time so that t_prime = t_0 -dt/2, the curve should
look much better. Essentially the particles lose the first half of the
first integration step, so shifting the time should fix the problem to
first order... I hope.

Owen