[ESPResSo-users] Applying an External Field

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Applying an External Field
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 10:27:16 -0600

Dear All,

I want to simulate a two-dimensional colloidal system of particles interacting through the Debye-Hückel potential. But I am also interested in applying an external field that mimics a substrate.

Each particle is subjected to  an external potential like this,

Uext(xi) =  strength of the external potential *  sin ( constant * x(i) )

If I understood well, I can not use the ext_force command neither the tabulated potential.

I would really appreciate any suggestions for the implementation.

At this moment I have only a very simple idea of setting integrate to 1 and then apply the external force in x-direction in each step.

However , I think this is highly inefficient and makes the simulation runs slowly

Thanks in advance.

Salvador H-V