Re: [ESPResSo-users] Applying an External Field

From: Narges Nikoofard
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Applying an External Field
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:03:50 +0330

Hi,

One way is to add an external electric field to the constraints. This can be done by following the way that the external magnetic field is implemented in the source codes (search for ext_magn in the files).

Then, one can make the external electric field to depend on the position of the particle. This means that you need an extra input (particle positions) to the functions.

I have done this before for an external electric field which exists only inside a nanopore. The main changed files for espresso-3.2.0 are attached. You may need to change other source files as well to define an extra constraint.

I hope this can be useful.

Best regards,
Narges Nikoofard