Re: [ESPResSo-users] Mac OS - segmentation fault and other strange error

From: Marcello Sega
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Mac OS - segmentation fault and other strange error
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 18:11:51 +0100

Dear Paul,

a segmentation fault means the code is accessing either a non-existing
or reserved part of the memory, is not related to the limits set on
your machine.

In principle a segfault should not happen, as every possible "mistake"
in your script should in principle be caught by espresso. This is
likely a bug which surfaced because of using a different compiler &
OS.

Send please around a minimal script that produces the segfault, and
let us know the version of espresso you are using.

Best,

Marcello

--
University of Vienna, Institute of Computational Physics