Re: [ESPResSo-users] Weird results from P3M interaction?

From: Clemens Jochum
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Weird results from P3M interaction?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:26:02 +0200

Dear all,

I figured out what the problem was or rather that there was no problem at all.

I decided to use a different tool for visualization and noticed that VMD not only shows the original simulation box but also the adjacent PBC boxes. For some reason only a part of the atoms is visualized in these additional boxes. And strangely the dendrimer is only shown in the original simulation box. So the clustered counter-ions around the dendrimer from the original box seemed to form clusters on their own in the additional PBC boxes. I attached some screenshots.

Thanks for your all your help and advice!

Best,
Clemens