Re: [ESPResSo-users] requesting help on Espresso

From: Florian Weik
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] requesting help on Espresso
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 16:27:36 +0000

Hi,
If I understand you question correctly you want to compute the coulomb interaction potential between all pairs of charges. I don't think this is a meaningful physical quantity, as the charge always sees all the other charges (and their periodic images).
 It would be sensible to calculate the electrostatic potential at the particle positions, but this is currently not implemented. If you want to do the latter, please let me now I can give you a hint on how to do it.

Regards,
Florian