Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann - Force Exerted on Object by Flui

From: Kai Szuttor
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann - Force Exerted on Object by Fluid
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16:16:03 +0200

Hi Esteban,

1. I can not give a exper answer here because I'm not familiar with the
   OIF implementation, but in principal you can get
   the total force on the object by summing up the forces you get with
   F_particle = -fric * (v_particle - v_fluid)
   where v_particle is the particle velocit and v_fluid is the fluid
   velocity at the position of the particle.
2. I can not reproduce your issue, I tested with the following minimal
   script:

import espressomd
import espressomd.lb

system = espressomd.System(box_l = [10.0, 10.0, 10.0])
system.time_step = 0.01
system.cell_system.skin = 0.4

lb_fluid = espressomd.lb.LBFluid(agrid=1.0, dens=1.0, visc=1.0, fric=1.0,
tau=0.01)
system.actors.add(lb_fluid)
system.thermostat.set_lb(kT=1.0)

system.integrator.run(10)

I hope that helps.

Best,

Kai
print lb_fluid.get_interpolated_velocity([1.0, 2.3, 5.2])