Re: [ESPResSo-users] Installation problem

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Installation problem
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:44:39 +0200

Hi Shawn,

I am unable to reproduce the error message using your CMake command. However, I am able to reproduce it by duplicating the structure of /src/python/espressomd in a different folder and simply starting a python3 interpreter inside of it:

Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/grad/Documents/espresso-structure/src/python/espressomd/io/__init__.py", line 17, in <module> File "/home/grad/Documents/espresso-structure/src/python/espressomd/io/writer/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: attempted relative import beyond top-level package
Aborted

This error shouldn't happen when using CMake because the target "code_info.pyx" is generated via a python script located in the top-level folder that is executed by a python interpreter running in the /build folder.

I'm currently investigating the issue with a coworker.

Best regards,
JN