Re: Fwd: Re: Errors while installing ESPResSO

From: Michael Kuron
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Errors while installing ESPResSO
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 13:54:07 +0100

Hi Angelos and Jean-Noel,

judging from the backtrace, the problem is this: OpenMPI calls into
hwloc, hwloc calls into opencl and opencl is the AMD-provided version
of the library. For some reason, that segfaults. You will have this
problem with any MPI program, not just Espresso. I think you might be
able to work around it by setting the environment variable
HWLOC_PLUGINS_BLACKLIST=hwloc_opencl .

Other than that, installing both AMD and Nvidia graphics drivers is
calling for trouble. Both provide OpenCL and OpenGL libraries that may
conflict. I recommend uninstalling all rocm-* packages (or
alternatively, uninstall the nvidia-* packages and remove the Nvidia
card, it's no faster than your integrated AMD GPU).

Michael

http://espressomd.org/html/doc/installation.html#installing-requirements-on-ubuntu-linux