Re: Parallelisation

From: Ahmad Reza Motezakker
Subject: Re: Parallelisation
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:01:32 +0000

Dear Rudolf,

Thank you for help. I tried it and below please find the information:

mpirun -np 4 ./pypresso  .../maintainer/benchmarks/lb.py --particles_per_core=20000 --lb_sites_per_particle 6

and I get average timing of :    1.321e-01 +/- 7.118e-04 (95% C.I.)  on IntelĀ® Xeon(R) Silver 4114 CPU @ 2.20GHz with 20 cores.

a general question: In my system (polymer+LJ+LB), Do you think the box size affect the results? I am asking because for cases with high concentration, the timing is really slow, so I was thinking to make the box smaller with the same high concentration but with less number of particles.

Thank you very much,

Ahmad Reza