Lattice-Boltzmann: viscosity and units

From: Israel Bellanato Núñez
Subject: Lattice-Boltzmann: viscosity and units
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 17:39:25 +0100

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if the viscosity that should be specified in the LB method (when setting the LBFluid) is the kinematic or the dynamic viscosity. I know it is specified to be the kinematic viscosity in the documentation, but since I am currently trying to replicate a paper and I am not getting the results correctly, I was wondering if this could be the cause (I also have seen dynamic viscosity reported in certain papers, instead of kinematic viscosity).

I have also recently heard of LB units, as an actual units system. Does anyone know exactly if that is the case, and if so, provide more information?

Thanks everyone,

IB