fab-user

[Fab-user] entering password multiple times on invoke

From: Leo Shklovskii
Subject: [Fab-user] entering password multiple times on invoke
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:57:15 -0700

Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if this behavior is by design. For a fabfile.py that looks like this:

def prod():
  config.fab_hosts = ['my.webserver.com']

def foo():
  require('fab_hosts', provided_by=prod)
  run('ls')
  invoke(bar)

def bar():
  require('fab_hosts', provided_by=prod)
  run('pwd')

when I run: 'fabric prod foo' I get prompted for the password to my.webserver.com twice. once at the entry point for foo and once for bar.

Ideally the password would just be available for the entire session and required to be entered only once...

This is using fabric-0.1.0

--
--Leo