fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9 alpha 1 (now alpha 2!)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9 alpha 1 (now alpha 2!)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 19:48:37 -0400

Hi Patrick, folks,

I just educated myself a little on distutils and setuptools, or rather
the specific setup.py arguments mentioned below. Looks like Pat's
suggested change is a good one to make, and I've applied it and tested
doing setup.py install/develop/build inside fresh virtualenvs (Mac OS
X 10.5, Python 2.5) and they all appear to work OK.

This change has just been pushed to the repositories. If anyone has
further setup.py related issues, please let me know.

Since there've been a number of tweaks since the other evening when I
tagged alpha 1, I figure this setup.py related change will work well
to herald another alpha release, so alpha 2 has been released just now
as well. (Being a pre-release tag, this doesn't actually mean
anything; it's just a convenient time to place a milestone, given all
the changes since alpha 1.)

I may spend some time figuring out how best to generate a changelog;
but otherwise, just check out the past couple days' worth of commits
to see what's new. I've made a number of tweaks.

Thanks,
Jeff