fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] String interpolations

From: Curt Micol
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] String interpolations
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:17:55 -0400

2009/5/13 Christian Vest Hansen <address@hidden>:
> The syntax doesn't bother me that much. The thing I miss the most is
> the recursive resolution behaviour that the old lazy_format function
> exhibited. I had grown a habit of composing paths and filenames and
> other strings from many parts that themselves may have been composed
> of other parts. I still think that was a neat feature.

Jeff,

Was there a reason other than it wasn't 'pythonic' that the old
formatting was removed? I preferred the former interpolation also. It
was very convenient.

However, SS has a point, if you prefer 2.6 use 2.6. I will say though,
I wouldn't really try a machine wide update of Python on any CentOS
flavor. I've never had good luck with that (perhaps that holds true
for Fedora/Red Hat but I don't have experience with those). :)

--
# cbm
# @projectcloud.com (Site coming soon!)