fab-user

[Fab-user] Couple new minor features

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: [Fab-user] Couple new minor features
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:21:51 -0400

Hi all,

For the benefit of anyone not following commits on Github, I wanted to
point out that I've pushed a couple changes lately while I was working
on stuff -- specifically things which have been discussed at least in
passing on the list:

1. contrib.files.append() can now take a list of strings as its first
argument, as well as taking a single string. It then loops over the
list as one might expect, checking for and then appending each line in
turn. [1]
2. Added a 'cd' context manager, and modified run/sudo to "listen in"
to its use, so that you can fake changing to a specific directory and
then running commands within that directory. This usage may be nested
as well. [2]

As usual, these changes work for me in the use-cases I wrote them for,
but may have edge cases where they exhibit non-ideal behavior, so keep
that in mind :)

Best,
Jeff

[1] http://docs.fabfile.org/contrib/files.html#fabric.contrib.files.append