fab-user

[Fab-user] functionality suggestions

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: [Fab-user] functionality suggestions
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:26:21 -0500

Hey guys,

Decided to give fab another try seeing that it's on a new path
(hopefully for the better). Everything below is from using the latest git:

Could we get support for the following:

# get authorized keys on the hosts
def getkeys():
    get( '~/.ssh/authorized_keys', os.path.join( env.host_string,
'authorized_keys' ) )

- The user path expansion is not working, I suppose it could be made
explicit, to handle local user != remote user.

- The local file name is implicitely modified, so the form os.path.join(
env.host_string, 'authorized_keys' ) doesn't work. Have to do:

    get( '/home/timo/.ssh/authorized_keys', 'authorized_keys' )

And the files are saved implicitly as 'authorized_keys.%s' %
env.host_string, which I don't like much and have no control over.

As far as execution, I ran a command using the hosts='hostC;hostD;hostA'
syntax. It is not running the command in the order given on the hosts
line (it's either doing alphabetical sorting or no sorting at all).
Problem with that is if one host fails and aborts, you can't easily know
which hosts remain to be processed.

Cheers,
TTimo