fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Password handling, Fabric 0.9.2

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Password handling, Fabric 0.9.2
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:58:54 -0400

Hi Mohit,

If you mean that the password is cached between successive invocations
of the command-line "fab" tool, that's definitely not the case.

You may be experiencing something on the remote end, such as sudo auth
caching, which in my experience is often on by default. Your
implication below that the 2nd password is effectively ignored would
seem to line up with this (especially if you're using an SSH agent to
avoid having to enter the login password).

If you can give us more info (typically, a pastebin link to a copy of
your fabfile as well as the output when you run it) we might be able
to pin it down to something more specific.

Thanks,
Jeff