fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Internal SSH'ing

From: BRAGA, Bruno
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Internal SSH'ing
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:55:06 +1000

That's great! The monkeypatch seems to be what I am looking for!!!

+1 to that!

--
Braga, Bruno
www.brunobraga.net

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bruno,

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM, BRAGA, Bruno <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a system in which I can only get a single SSH entry point to the
> private network, and from there, propagate application deployments across
> multiple servers... Is there a way to achieve this with Fabric?

Others have presented some of these, but workarounds include:

* copying the fabfile itself to the gateway system and calling 'fab'
on the gateway
* writing a run() wrapper that prefixes the command with 'ssh', e.g:
def grun(cmd): run('ssh realtarget "%s"' % cmd)
    * This can get thorny due to adding another layer of quoting, but
for simple stuff may work fine
* trying out the monkeypatches posted here:
https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/38
    * Which should hopefully get merged soon, so keep an eye out.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier