ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] 'incorrect mesh' error!!

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] 'incorrect mesh' error!!
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:52:04 -0700 (PDT)

I was just thinking about this error I get....Is it
possible that I am getting this error because I have
several objects referenced by the same color?? My
geometry contains 24 pallets in 1 color and 96
cylinders in another. May be this error is because of
my referencing multiple objects in the same way?? I
shall try changing the code and running it, but I just
thought I'd first ask to find out if I am right!!

Would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions. Thanks and
regards, Arun.

--- Arun Viswanathan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all, when I try to run my ff3d code, I get
> several lines of the following error:
>
> oops: Something strange happened: incorrect mesh:
>         One of the faces of your mesh is related to
> 3
> cells (vertices: (4980, 4990))
>
> oops: Something strange happened: incorrect mesh:
>         One of the faces of your mesh is related to
> 3
> cells (vertices: (4987, 4990))
> Segmentation fault
>

> Seems like I have some problem with the mesh, but
> how
> could I solve it?? I have attached my geometry file
> 'geo.pov' and my ff3d code 'solve.ff' for you to
> see.
> Please tell me where the mistake is.
>
> Thanks,
> Arun.