fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Physics news: optics group at work in San Francisco

From: Mark Horner
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Physics news: optics group at work in San Francisco
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:20:38 -0800

Hello everyone

Thanks to Lindsay for getting that going and on that note I think its a good idea to announce that we'll have another EM hackathon in Berkeley on the 21st of Jan. Of course anyone else is most welcome and there is lots of other stuff to do so we can accommodate almost anyone.

I'll send final time and venue details later but for the moment we'll stick with the same time and place as last time (Yali's Cafe, 10am). I will try to find somewhere with less flaky wireless.

We'll try to make this the year of hackathons. Physics is doing well right now and there are some chapters awaiting comments and two more to write so the end is very much in sight.

Cheers,

Mark

address@hidden wrote:
Hi all,

A group is at work in San Francisco to develop content for the optics
section of the physics text.  We met for the first time on Monday and will
continue meeting each Thursday throughout January.

The next meeting is this Thursday at 4:30 at the Morning Due Cafe (17th
and Church, San Francisco).  (Note: future meetings will probably be in
the early afternoon.)  We'll have about 5 people there.

Anyone is welcome to stop by, for one meeting for for several, to spend
some time working or just to see what we're up to!  If you're interested,
email me so I can keep you updated of time/location changes, and I can
give you directions to the cafe, which is easily accessible by public
transit.

Happy working/writing/studying,

Lindsay Glesener
San Francisco State University