fhsst-maths

[Fhsst-maths] New to FHSST

From: greg
Subject: [Fhsst-maths] New to FHSST
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:34:13 +0000

Hi all

I recently came across this project, and am keen to contribute. I am South
African born (Jhb), and moved to London about 6 years ago.

_your maths education_

I'm an actuary, with separate honours degrees in both actuarial science, and
statistics.

Currently working in the area of financial reinsurance, which includes some
stochastic work.

_your teaching skills_

I taught "Ad Maths" (a seventh subject, under the "old" school system) to Std
9s and Matrics for two years. I have also written a number of articles for a
variety of journals.

_your knowledge of LaTeX_

Uhm, I used it at varsity, but haven't in a while! Can anyone recommend a good
LaTeX GUI program for Linux?

I look forward to contributing. Can anyone suggest a starting point? I'm happy
to begin with a finance section, if it hasn't been done.

Greg