firefly-dev

Re: [Firefly-dev] my 2 extra cents

From: firefly-dev
Subject: Re: [Firefly-dev] my 2 extra cents
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:58:23 -0800 (PST)

> > > i think we will create our own database using a
> constant xml format.
> > > this will make it easier to manipulate now and
> integration of plugins
> > > will be much simpler.
> >
> > you mean a sort of registry ? interesting...

i guess hornbeck hasnt shown you any of what we have
played with yet. ill need to show you from where we
are looking from.

> > > but i really dont want the patrons to be able to
> edit their account in
> > > any possible way without the assistance of
> staff, but if that is too
> > > much of a hassle then we an have them edit parts
> of their account.
> >
> > my idea is to give patrons the possibility to
> *view* all their data and
> > to edit *only* informations like e-mail or
> password or subscription to
> > mailing lists. Other informations can be edited
> only by the staff

i agree.

> > > also what is i18n?
> >
> > i18n is shortcut for internalization,
> multilanguage support.
> > I hope this program will speak also italian :)

me too. the more languages, the better.

> > > well class is almost out so i end it here. lets
> start a chat room in
> > > relic.net or something so this can go faster.
> >
> > I've never heard of relic.net but as soon as it
> will be available again
> > I'll give it a look.

join irc.relic.net in #firefly . im gimpy and hornbeck
should be in there. tell me your nick and ill get it
registered to the chan to auto-op you.

> > I can dedicate 3-4 hours a day starting from 20.00
> since I'm out for
> > work from 8.00 to 19.00

we all envy you. plus we're deeply greatful that you'd
actually do that for the project. /gimpy/