flexisip-developers

Re: [Flexisip-developers] /src/flexisip/tester/tester.hh:22:30: fatal er

From: Nicolas Michon
Subject: Re: [Flexisip-developers] /src/flexisip/tester/tester.hh:22:30: fatal error: bctoolbox/tester.h: No such file or directory
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 11:41:20 +0200

On 7/30/19 11:27 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 11:17 +0200, Nicolas Michon wrote:
What is the git revision of flexisip you are trying to build ?
36fbc1e

/bctoolbox/tester.h/ is provided by bctoolbox.
See, that's what I would have thought.  But I have already installed
bc-bctoolbox-devel from the most recent RPM:

# rpm -qi bc-bctoolbox-devel
Name        : bc-bctoolbox-devel
Version     : 0.6.0
Release     : 166.el7
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Sun 28 Jul 2019 03:22:44 PM EDT
Group       : Development/Libraries
Size        : 145819
License     : GPL
Signature   : (none)
Source RPM  : bc-bctoolbox-0.6.0-166.el7.src.rpm
Build Date  : Sat 27 Jul 2019 06:42:16 PM EDT
Build Host  : runner-UKoLrjBs-project-309-concurrent-0
Relocations : (not relocatable)
URL         : http://www.linphone.org
Summary     : Development libraries for bctoolbox
Description :
Libraries and headers required to develop software with bctoolbox

As you can see based on the Build Date, it should match up with
36fbc1e, but it does not have anything matching "tester" in it:

# rpm -ql bc-bctoolbox-devel | grep tester

  You can check inside
//opt/belledonne-communications/include/bctoolbox//for this header
file.
Per the above, it's not there.  Neither is libbctoolbox-tester.

But this is generally not a good idea to build flexisip with
prebuilt
dependencies this way unless you are sure the different versions are
compatible between them.
I would think a git commit and an RPM build only 3 days apart should be
pretty compatible.  There are of course times when that will not be
true, but generally speaking, it should be.  Certainly for this kind of
pretty glaring mismatch.  I would think.

Indeed! But it was just a general advice about linphone dependencies.

I missed it earlier: it seems the rpm are built without unit tests support.

Try to add -DENABLE_UNIT_TESTS=NO to your build parameters.

Flexisip git repository contains submodules (and linphone-sdk for
recent
versions) which brings correct dependencies.
But it has it's own build failures -- trying to build the RPMs, and
takes forever.  Hitting the ground running by installing RPMs of the
dependencies is the ideal solution to both of those.

Cheers,
b.

--
Nicolas Michon, Software Engineer