flpda-disc

[Flpda-disc] Hello

From: Cam
Subject: [Flpda-disc] Hello
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:05:22 +0000

Hi all,

after a short absence I'm trying to get back into this again.

I want to focus on getting changes back into CVS this time. In the past I have made many changes that have fallen to the side only to be forgotten because there hasn't been a flow back into CVS. Also I'd like to see more automated building - maybe even a nightly build.

I was thinking about adding example programs to the flpda cvs, probably this would mean checking in the updated agenda PIM apps. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Also with writable root filesystems, how can we best use vrdeb on a PDA?

I have bought a Sharp Zaurus C860 and having seen the 400MHz machine struggle for several seconds when opening apps, I think the vr3 software still has a lot of potential in the handheld world. There are also projects that provide most of what we need (ie. an X11 based PDA) to port the vr3 apps. So, any objections to making the code portable to x86 and arm systems?

-Cam