Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI implementation Chart

From: holborn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI implementation Chart
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:07:14 +0100

On Jueves, 24 de Abril de 2003 16:31, you wrote:
> Moi,
>
> portamento is AFAIK not implemented at all. Bank changes used to work in
> the usual way, if it doesn't there might be something broken.
>
> -Markus

Hi!
Thanks for the reply.

i run:

fluidsynth -a jack  -m alsa_seq -j PC51d.sf2 Symphony_Orchestra.sf2

> fonts
ID  Name
 1  Symphony_Orchestra.sf2
 0  PC51d.sf2

Bannk 1 only have 25 progs.

i supose internally in each sf2 the progs are asigned to bank 0.
well ... when i send a Bank change program change 0 , 0  sounds Bank 1 prog 0.
if i send 0 26 sounds Bank 0 prog 26.

Also some times i have fluidsynth segfault sending this events.

In SBlive device that works fine only sending  a Bank Change changes the
sound.

 Maybe fluidsynth assign the bank internal assigned in the file .sf2? or maybe
i'm wrong? i can only test my program with SBlive fluidsynth and Timidity and
with Timidity  i have the same problem.

I send CtrlChange 0, BankMSB  CtrlChange 32 BankLSB ProgChange Prog.

Thanks.

Josep