[fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth and DSSI

From: Sean Bolton
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth and DSSI
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:52:50 -0700

On May 4, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Josh Green wrote:
On a similar note, I'd like to add DSSI support to Swami as well.  This
is because it will in the future likely support multiple synthesizer
backends and other instrument formats (such as DLS, GigaSampler, etc) as
well.  Where can I find your DSSI work that you are doing?  I'd like to
see how it is done with FluidSynth so that I can perhaps use it as an
example when implementing this for Swami.  Cheers.

My recent FluidSynth-DSSI work hasn't hit CVS yet, since we're
still discussing some restructuring, but there's a tarball at:

    http://home.jps.net/~musound/fluidsynth-dssi-0.9.1alpha2.tar.gz

It is a pretty straightforward use of the FluidSynth API -- don't look
at the earlier FluidSynth-DSSI stuff I did, as it's really quite hackish ;-).

Other DSSI work can be found at:

    http://dssi.sourceforge.net/
    http://home.jps.net/~musound/
    http://rosegardenmusic.com/