[fluid-dev] SoundFont Memory Sharing between fluidsynth instances

From: Lutz Morelater
Subject: [fluid-dev] SoundFont Memory Sharing between fluidsynth instances
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:58:58 +0200

Hi,

I am planning to run several (at least three) instances of fluidsynth (without
qsynth) at the same time.

Do these share memory space so that I can save memory space when loading large
soundfont files?

So, let's say, when I load "Mymusic.SF2" into instance #1 of fluidsynth, would
instance #2 and #3 use the very same memory area of this soundfont, if I want
to use the same sounds as in #1 in #2 and #3? So that all three instances
would use the same soundfont in memory?

Thx for any hint,
Lutz.