|Subject:||[fluid-dev] New CoreMIDI driver for Mac OSX|
|Date:||Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:37:58 -0500|
My deep gratitude for the CoreMIDI implementation. I managed to compile and run fluidsynth with CoreMIDI.
There are a couple of minor bugs that need to be ironed out.
1. I had a slight problem checking out the latest sources:
Error validating server certificate for 'https://resonance.org:443':
- The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
- The certificate hostname does not match.
- The certificate has expired.
- Hostname: u15323830.onlinehome-server.com
- Valid: from Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:49:24 GMT until Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:49:24 GMT
- Issuer: Germany, DE
- Fingerprint: 2a:29:df:e3:b5:09:77:c0:b1:a5:f0:c5:a6:47:36:8d:7b:97:79:62
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?
2. I modified the autogen script either by adding a space between "-I" and "/sw/share/local" or by taking out the definition for $ACLOCAL_FLAGS altogether in order to eliminate the error: aclocal: unrecognized option -- `-I/sw/share/aclocal'
3. Configure choked because there was no "m4" directory.
(I must add that I agree with Bernat. There is absolutely no need for unnecessary discussion on licensing issues. Flame-baiting is totally inappropriate. With all due respect to Stephane, the CoreMIDI API is well documented with code examples and freely available online <developer.apple.com/audio/pdf/coreaudio.pdf> ;
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
configure: error: cannot find macro directory `m4'
So I simply added this directory to the top level one to get configure to run to completion. "m4" remains empty throughout the whole compilation. Is there any particular need for this folder ?
I jsut did a brief test and external MIDI triggering via the "Virtual fluidsynth MIDI port" works beautifully.
i.e. no need to be "careful". In the spirit of true FOSS co-operation, Stephane very generously offered his input. Pedro and Josh very generously offered to implement this CoreMIDI functionality. Thanks again fellas.)
I could do more extensive testing this weekend though judging by my initial experience, I do not expect any glitches.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|