Re: [fluid-dev] Sending MIDI Events from a MIDI Keyboard on Mac OS X

From: mike
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Sending MIDI Events from a MIDI Keyboard on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 01:13:53 +0100

On 04/02/2011 12:26 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
On Saturday 02 April 2011, mike wrote:

Thanks very much for all that.  That's very clear.  I look forward to
trying it.

This thread has inspired me to write a new blog post/howto
http://midi-clorianos.blogspot.com/2011/04/midi-connection.html

The blog post/howto is great.  It should allow people like myself who are new to MIDI hardware and software to get up and running with a known workable solution (otherwise you don't know what you're debugging) and provide a basis for trying other things.  It would be great if there was a link to it from the wiki.

It would also be great for the Windows side if there was a corresponding doc for software setup.  I eventually (with a lot of help from the list) worked out a fairly simple set of downloads/installs (although I haven't tried to get fluidsynth 1.1.3 working using the cmake setup yet still using 1.1.1).  I was gonna write it up anyway for myself.  If anybody's interested I could forward it when I get it written.

Cheers,
Mike