Re: [fluid-dev] Jack Driver for Fluidsynth Windows Build

From: Graham Goode
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Jack Driver for Fluidsynth Windows Build
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:48:15 +0200

Hi David,

> Ok, I don't mind compiling in JackWeakAPI.c into FluidSynth for the
> Windows build. I'm not sure how this relates to ASIO though, it seems
> like an unrelated problem...?

Having Jack for Windows is the solution to the current ASIO driver
issue. jOrgan's libfluidsynth dll can't be distributed with PortAudio
ASIO due to the Steinberg ASIO SDK license restrictions conflicting
with GPL license restrictions. So compiling in JackWeakAPI.c is
unrelated from a compile perspective but relevant from a discussion
perspective.

Thanks,
GrahamG