[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[fluid-dev] Building Fluidsynth 1.1.4 on Windows with Jack for Windows S
[fluid-dev] Building Fluidsynth 1.1.4 on Windows with Jack for Windows Support
Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:37:47 +0200
I am pleased to report that I have a successful compile and a working
fluidsynth library using Jack for Windows 1.9.8 with Fluidsynth 1.1.4.
One critical change was needed in fluid_jack.c, I replaced
free (jack_ports); /* free jack ports array (not the port values!) */
jack_free (jack_ports); /* free jack ports array (not the port values!) */
Thank you Stephane for your advice when I originally attempted this
build in 2009, as you pointed out this was a new function added in
JACK2 for Windows users :
* The free function to be used on memory returned by
* jack_port_get_all_connections and jack_get_ports functions.
* This is MANDATORY on Windows when otherwise all nasty runtime
version related crashes can occur.
* Developers are strongly encouraged to use this function instead of
the standard "free" function in new code.
void jack_free(void* ptr);
I will be testing my build for a few days and if there are no major
issues I will then upload 32-bit and 64-bit builds of both Fluidsynth
and Qsynth for others to test, as well as libraries for jOrgan users
- [fluid-dev] Building Fluidsynth 1.1.4 on Windows with Jack for Windows Support,
Graham Goode <=