On 11/05/2011 09:12 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> David, et al:
> I have not heard back since I reported on performing the test you asked
> me to run.
> I noticed on the website that there are "0 new bugs".
> What process do I need to go through to have this problem evaluated as
> to whether it is officially a 'bug' or not?
> To me, this problem kills my future prospects. The music education
> package I am poised to put out depends on FluidSynth (actually Qsynth,
> which uses it).
> I could distribute my package, and people could get all excited about
> it, but when they installed it themselves (instead of using what comes
> with the package), they would find that the installed version won't even
> play the demo-music, even on a fast machine.
> What I had to go through to compile the older version on the current
> level is not something I could expect a new user of Linux to do.
> There is no path forward if this cannot be fixed. But of course, those
> are the chances I take when I attempt to develop something.
> It would be very helpful if I had some indication of whether or not this
> problem will be addressed, or even looked at.
> I am willing to supply MIDI and audio files you could test it with, and
> verify any fixes.
> Please consider the idea that what I have been doing in the past to
> avoid under-runs, by configuring fewer simultaneous voices (setting the
> polyphony parameter to 64, or even 48 on a slower machine), may be a
> more elegant solution than what has apparently been done in the latest
> release (probably to address that same problem of under-runs).
> I think my planned product could make a big difference in the way people
> learn to play (and compose) music, and I am really hoping FluidSynth can
> be a part of it. It certainly has been a rock-solid, dependable
> component up to now.
> Aere Greenway
I've been on travel with limited time/possibility to help you. In
addition, the rebuild I asked you to do was harder than I expected.
But now I'm home again, and here's what I've done now:
I've taken the 1.1.5 package, and added the patch I committed as r435.
This is because you said something earlier about sound working up to the
I then uploaded the source package to a ppa:
The ppa probably has finished building when you read this, so can you
download/install the packages from there and see if it resolves your