|Subject:||Re: [fluid-dev] Adding Poly/mono functionality to FluidSynth|
|Date:||Tue, 05 Jul 2016 19:21:28 +0200|
|User-agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.1.0|
On Windows, using your soundfont (gonzos-20160702.sf2), in mono mode i haven't expererienced absolutely no cpu excess usage, on alls 6 presets.
I have look inside the preset. Each preset make use of 2 simulateneous voices maximum. So this is a very low CPU usage soundfont.
Normally on a RPi2 you can run 180 voices (using the 4 cores of course). Even if fluidsynth use only one core, the maximum number of voices
falls to 45 which is sufficient to play any preset on this soundfont. So really, i don't understand what happens on your setting.
Anyway, i have got a RPi2. So I will try this and also an other machine with Debian. I will return the results, using the same soundfont.
>The legato is working, and I have noticed that if I do a long descending glissando to the lower register on the clarinet, the voice that I end up with
> on the low note is the voice I started with - I don't get the low reedy sound until I stop and play the note again. Jean-Jacques said this was a limitation.
Yes , i confirm this is currently a know limitation and it occurs only on legato mode 1,2,3 but not on legato mode 0.
Playing a legato passage, n1,n2,n3,... using legato mode 1,2,3:
The notes (n2,n3,..) following the first (n1) make use of running voices of n1, (regardless of the keyRange and Velocity Range), so the notes n2,n3,... make use
of the IZ (Instruments Zone) of note n1 ignoring possible others IZ with their samples. In others words, the actual patch doesn't not follows fully the instructions
given by the soundfont designer. This is a serious limitation. But anyway, i 'm working to cancel this limitation.
Le 02/07/2016 14:02, Ben Gonzales a écrit :
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|