Re: [fluid-dev] Current code overrides getopt.h declarations on Windows

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Current code overrides getopt.h declarations on Windows
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 16:24:09 +0200

> If HAVE_GETOPT is defined, let's use the function.

We dont rely on getopt, fluidsynth.c will do the parsing itself if it's not present. The bigger problem is that getopt_long() may or may not be present in getopt.h. But so far I havent seen a getopt.h that doesnt provide it.

Tom

Hello,
in my opinion, that piece of code should be removed.
The proper presence of getopt.h and the support of getopt() function should be tested by cmake.
If HAVE_GETOPT_H is defined, let's include the file.
If HAVE_GETOPT is defined, let's use the function.

What do you think?

Sincerely.