Re: [fluid-dev] Trying another reverb ?

From: Kjetil Matheussen
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Trying another reverb ?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:27:28 +0200

>Let me explain that idea in a bit more detail. What I have in mind is a better defined interface (basically an internal API) for the reverb and chorus >effects. Something that works a little like LADSPA[1], only less generic and more specific to FluidSynth.

The fact that it is API specific to FluidSynth make the things OS independant. I like this idea.

The reverb idea you have outlined seems fine. I just want to add (for the record)
that LADSPA is pretty much OS independant. At least there's no problem using LADSPA on Windows or OSX.

Here's my repo to (cross-)compile up
the most common LADSPA plugins for win32/win64/osx/linux:
https://github.com/kmatheussen/common-ladspa-plugins

Those scripts uses gcc or clang, but I would guess it should be no
big problem using other compilers to compile LADSPA plugins either
since it doesn't contain any OS or compiler specific things:
https://github.com/tomszilagyi/tap-plugins/blob/master/ladspa.h
(except that "unsigned long" should be replaced with uint32_t, and so forth)