Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont Preset generator interpretation

From: Garth Hjelte
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont Preset generator interpretation
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:15:07 -0500

At 03:37 AM 6/24/2020, you wrote:

>1) at each level, Local replace Global, then
>2) add Preset Level to Instrument Level.

OK, thanks, as the spec says:

"A generator in a local preset zone that is identical to a generator in a
global preset zone supersedes or replaces that generator in the global preset
zone. That generator then has its effects added to the destination-summing node
of all zones in the given instrument."

Sometimes the spec, while well written, is way too wordy and I get a bit dizzy.
Thanks for your assistance and your time.

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User