[fluid-dev] synth.audio-groups and LADSPA effects

From: Bill Peterson
Subject: [fluid-dev] synth.audio-groups and LADSPA effects
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:32:07 -0500

Is it possible to have LADSPA effects be active on some MIDI channels and not others? The description in fluidsettings of 'synth.audio-groups' seems to imply this is possible (i.e. " In case of LADSPA unit, think of it as subgroups on a mixer."). I can get LADSPA plugins to work (e.g. TAP Echo) on all channels, but experimenting with various combinations of values synth.audio-channels and synth.audio-groups either gets me effects on all channels or none. I'm using ALSA audio on Raspberry Pi, so if this is a jack-only capability that might make sense.

Bill