Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:56:58 +0100

Hm, looking at the code and thinking about this some more...

You suggested something like
  fluid_synth_pin_preset(synth, fluid_preset_t*)

The problem here is the fluid_preset_t pointer. Exposing a public API
that consumes fluid_preset_t pointers will introduce some problems, as
there is no thread-safe way of retrieving and using those pointers for
external applications (outside of the synthesis thread) and without
implementing a separate Soundfont loader.

What do you think about:
fluid_synth_pin_preset(synth, sfont_id, bank, program)
fluid_synth_unpin_preset(synth, sfont_id, bank, program)

Cheers
Marcus