fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] Problems with Ladspa effects

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Problems with Ladspa effects
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 13:51:09 +0100

Hi Carlos,

your thinking about the audio-channels and audio-groups is correct and
should work as you intended.

And the reason why you are seeing the "Maximum number of nodes
reached" error is because we were way too conservative when setting
the upper bound for nodes in the effects graph, I see that now.
The think is, that nearly everythink in the LADSPA system is a "node",
including controls for effects. So loading a single effect that has 5
controls already creates 6 nodes. The host mono buffers are also
nodes, as are the user created buffers.
So reaching the current upper limit of 100 nodes is actually not too
difficult, especially in a multi-channel setup like yours.

We could simply increase the MAX_NODES count to something like 500 or
more... but maybe it might be even better to simply do dynamic
allocation here.

As a quick fix, you could simply change FLUID_LADSPA_MAX_NODES in
bindings/fluid_ladspa.c to a higher number and compile it again.

Cheers
Marcus