francine-dev

[Francine-dev] abacus steeple

From: Joey Cartwright
Subject: [Francine-dev] abacus steeple
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 04:26:59 -0700

As we started out, led by Kam Han Tor, I noticed the lid of a chestmoving slightly.
I looked around the horizon in every direction. Andthen the import of the THINGS words reached my reasoning mind.
We wont sink any lower then, but well never go anyhigher, either.
When I find what I wish,he said, I shall conquer its people.
My friend, Pan Dan Chee of Horz, I explained. Recently there came to the court of my father, Gahan of Gathol, astrange red man.
All the time, he keptgesturing like a Fourth of July orator. Pan Dan Chee bridled, and laid a hand on the hilt of his sword. Were these pits not builtaccording to my plans!
Byhypnosis we were being condemned to a living death!
No, said Llana of Gathol, they could never have been happy again.
The awakened men and women were forcing their way from the chests inwhich they had been kept. I believe in lettingnature take her course. I saw it as it sailed out upon Throxeus, said the other. We retraced our steps and tried another corridor, yet still noentrance.
It is, in away, something even more sacred. Had she simply refused it, she would have left the sword lyingwhere it had been placed. He looked at me andthen at the grinning head upon the floor, and he commenced to weaken.
Do you know how to get out of these pits? I looked around the horizon in every direction. You havemade it possible for me to die honorably and content.
He had no nose;it appeared to have been eaten away by disease.
The man looked down at the staring head upon the floor.
Were these pits not builtaccording to my plans!
Pan Dan Chee came forward rather open-mouthed and goggle-eyed. Itwithdrew within the doorway where it had stood, but the lightpersisted.
I can assure you a welcome in Helium and a post of somenature in the army of the jeddak.
It would have been better for you and forGathol had you believed me.
The daughter of Gahan of Gathol will choose her own mate. A long time ago, perhaps ages, some venturesomemen entered the pits to investigate them.
I shall kill myself, I told him, before I shall mate with such anulsio as you.